Friday, January 7, 2011

Lauren Luke - My Vintage Glams Pallet review

So! Here's my first beauty related post. It is going to be a review on the "My Vintage Glams" by Lauren Luke

I used to like her, a lot! I used to watch her when she wasn't even famous yet, then her videos became SO MUCH TALKING! That it annoyed me to the point were I had to unsubscribe. I hate when people are doing makeup tutorials and keep talking about their personal lives. Of course everyone has their own style, sadly her new one was not the style that I enjoy watching.
I think one of the reasons I bought this pallet was because I simply loved her. I actually began youtube because of Lauren Luke.
Let's get to the point here.


Overall I rate this pallet a 7 out of 10
  • Pros
    The eyeshadow colors are GORGEOUS!
    You can do an entire face makeup with the pallet
    Super easy to blend
    I love love love the primer (when is fresh -see cons*)
    Has a nice sized mirror
    Not tested in animals
    Can go well in any skin tone
    The blush has a very rich matte color
    Lasts all day long
    Light weight
  • Cons
    It looks cheap
    Since it is an "open" pallete, there is no way you can close the gel liner, the lipglosses, nor the eyeshadow primer
    -The gel liner dries SUPER fast (you can see from the pictures it was barely used before it was dry)
    -The lipglosses, after dried up, if you rub them enough they should "come back to life" but still not as creamy as before
    -The eyeshadow primer is very light weight when the pallet is new, after a while starts to get very very sticky and if you have oily lids, that's even worse.
    The lipgloss that comes with it is SUPER sticky, for some looks is a good thing, but you don't want to wear that everyday
    As a long term investment, I consider it expensive; because you only get to keep three eyeshadow and a blush, because the rest is not 100% good.
If there was the option of buying the items individually I would highly recommend buying the blush and eye shadows, also the primer if it was in an exclusive packing were it wouldn't dry or get extremely sticky.  

Now more of a break down of the products:

- The primer: What I like the most is that it comes in two tones, one for brightening up the makeup look and the other one is more of a skin toned primer for more of a smokey sexy eye look. Also it really helps the eyeshadow to stay in place. Honestly I do not even use NYX jumbo pencils when wearing the LL primer.
- The gel liner: I do not remember how well it worked. It dried really, I mean REALLY fast :(
- The lipgloss: It comes with 2 options a pink-ish and a more of a brown toned color. The colors are very pretty, and very wearable to all skin tones, it does not have any taste, and gives your lips a very nice tone that will last for a reasonable period of time
- The blush: I wish they would sell it separately from this pallet. The color is super rich and deep, it stays very well in the skin when wearing a face primer. Very pigmented
- The eyeshadow: It comes with 3 eyeshadows. One is very big, so you can use as a high lighter as well! Is very light and they have a sheen with a little bit of glitter on it. My favorite is the purple one. I am in love with her eyeshadows, they are rich, pigmented, blend super easily, and it lasts!

I haven't seen these pallets at Sephora anymore, is not even showing up on their website anymore. However you can find them at : Lauren Luke's website

They cost $37 now, before I think they were $34.50.

Another thing I noticed is that it hasn't been updated in a while, so I am not sure if she still keeping up with her makeup line or not.

Here are some pictures of swatches.

xoxo ♥


1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for this! She was another reason I started youtube as well...I agree, I wish she would not talk about her personal life so much and edit her videos. They are very long, I know some people like applying the makeup with her, but most of us can't pay attention for that long or already know the technique. That sucks that the liner dried out:/ That primer sounds great, I doubt she'll keep the line going either since it sounds like its not doing that great at sephora (from what I've heard anyway). Thanks for such a thorough review!

    ReplyDelete